Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Desi cuisine in UK

I am a vegetarian person (I believe, egg also comes in veg category :).). Being a veg, on British soil I assumed that I would certainly loose weight (Not good for me… already on the limits of underweight :) I don’t know, I never faced problem of overweight. May be I am not in rich people illness category :)). The thought that I can change my habits (can eat non-veg in extreme case. Long back for curiosity reason I had tested different kind of non-veg food in BE for one year. This I did to ensure that I don’t miss anything on earth before bye bye.), eased some tension. I am very flexible (Has some limits as well). I really feel glad that I always keep possible ways to a certain situation.
When I reached UK, I felt that we Indians are going to rule the world some day. British ruled us for so many years with their power of technogy, power of mind. We have positive aspect to rule, our huge population.
There are lots of Indian restaurants (Ignore the fact that most of these restaurants are run by Pakis, Bangladeshis, Nepalese.) The problem of Indian food on British soil was solved, but most of our teammates (desi) were non-vegi (This fact dilutes my feelings about Indian ruling the world. Contradictory these west people are making us habituates to their habits… Am I pendulum? Keeps on fluctuating thoughs… No…. Collecting all positive and negative aspect to get to resolution..). In fact I was alone vegetarian in the group. I became poor guy eating ghas-phus alone. In UK u will get all kind of Indian food except Indian test to the food. You need to specify to prepare the food very very spicy as spicy they can imagine, still u should not hope to get rid of bland food.
There are lots of good and bad experiences about the food and the Indian restaurant people. We had very bad experience in one of restaurant. We were very much exhausted, on the rout back from lack district (near to Scotland), wanted to have dinner in one of restaurant in Milton Keynes (city name). We ordered less food as we thought of taking light dinner. The waiter took it otherwise, as thought we are less on money and started treating us in very bad manner. Thank god we had self respect remained, that we moved out of the restaurant giving some teaching to confused desis..
Lots of things to write.. but me need to think of the readers..

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No one of us can forget the incident at Milton-Keynes and our unanimous decision to move out..Actually it's amazing to note that more than a dozen Indian brains (!!!) reacted in the same way so promptly..!!

-Mrudul..

January 11, 2005 at 6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Blog.

Nivi

January 19, 2005 at 1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home